I just heard the author Jonah Lehrer on n.p.r. radio last night. I hung onto every word. His book titled Imagine: How Creativity Works speaks to the messages in my installation Pick UP Your Pencils Begin
Imagine: How Creativity Works is addressing.
We live in a time where every class and subject is accessed for its contribution to the curriculum. The arts teach:
- problem solving,
- open ended thinking,
- skills of observation,
- integration of left and right brain thinking,
- visualizing three dimensional construction,
- and so much more.
What is the impact of standardized testing on school curriculum when everything must be tested and measured? What happens when the arts are squeezed into a one hour slot, rushed, over scheduled, when there is no time to breath or think? Think and advocate for the arts and creativity in education.
Do you know of an exhibition location in your school, university gallery, or local museum?
- Dimensions of installation 15' height x 28' width.
- Installation ships in five boxes.
- Each box is small enough to be carried by one person.
- Boxes weight approximately 32-35 lbs each.
- Installation takes fours hours.
- Hydraulic lift or scissors lift is necessary for installation.
- Installation is possible with 3-4 people.
- Exhibition rental $300. plus shipping and insurance.
Contact me Harriete Estel Berman;
bermaid [at] harriete-estel-berman.info