Recently, in the June 2008 The Crafts Report magazine wood carver Wayne Robbins submitted his TOP TEN TIPS for Success for Artists and Crafts People. His suggested list included important suggestions that warrant repeating. It is definitely worth sharing with you. Do you have a tip for success that you would like to suggest? Add it to the comments and I will get back to you.
- Select a style that is attractive and unique.
- Research the subject and become the "resident expert" on you subject.
- Don't cut corners
- Show your passion and skill.
- Network with others!
- Don't sell yourself short. Never offer discounts.
- Be visible in the community. Show, demonstrate, and teach.
- Remember that everyone is a potential customer.
- Keep impeccable records,
- Stay relevant and evolve with the market.
Wayne Robbins Woodcarving
Marine Mammals and Birds
First Breath, Beluga Whale and calf, Butternut